Jump to navigation Jump to search
- GattiTown closed
- Former police chief David Wynn died
- Officials held a ground-breaking ceremony for the new Public Safety Complex.
- Fred's announced it was closing 159 stores across the country, including one of its Hattiesburg locations off of Broadway Drive
- Venture Church held its first service at its new gulf coast campus
- An extra 1% tax on hotels and restaurant sales was approved by 81% of voters in Hattiesburg to pay for various parks and recreation projects
- Fred's announced it was closing another 104 stores, including its location in Hattiesburg at 5266 Old Highway 11
- Regions Bank held an official ribbon cutting ceremony for its new mortgage center on Lincoln Road. It opened earlier in the year, moving about 300 employees from its downtown office.
- William Carey University held a ribbon cutting ceremony for the rebuilt Tatum Court building. The original building was destroyed by the 2017 tornado.
- The former home of Oseola McCarty was moved from its original location on Miller Street to a new location on Sixth Street, where it is planned to become a museum
- Eastside Soul Food Restaurant held a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate its opening
- Lottery tickets went on sale in Mississippi for the first time
These are events that don't have a specific known date
- Bianchi's Pizzeria closed in January
- The Hattiesburg Zoo moved Kuasa, a seven year-old Sumatran tiger, to Dallas to be part of a breeding program in early February
- Georgia Blue, a restaurant in the Westwood Square shopping center, closed in early 2019
- Salad Station opened a second location in midtown in September
- The last Pine Haven buildings on the campus of USM were demolished in November