Carter Building

From Hattiesburg Memory
Jump to: navigation, search
The Carter Building, undergoing renovations in late 2012

The Carter Building, also known for many years as the Faulkner Building, is a six-story building located in downtown Hattiesburg. It was built in 1905 and named after John Prentiss Carter. In 1973 it was renamed as the Faulkner Building after being sold to Faulkner Concrete and Pipe[1], and recently it was returned to its original name.

References

  1. "Debate still rages over Faulkner Building's name" by Terry L. Jones, Hattiesburg American, November 13, 2007