Hattiesburg Intermodal Center

From Hattiesburg Memory
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Question mark.png Please expand this article.
Further information might be found in a section of the talk page or at Requests for expansion.
The Hattiesburg Intermodal Center

The train station, originally built in 1910, occupies about 2.28 acres at 308 Newman Street. The building is about 14,000 square feet.

In April 2007 a $9 million renovation of the station, using combined federal and local funds, was completed. The station was unveiled with a black-tie gala on the night of April 20 and opened to the public the next day on April 21, during a Spring Art Walk.[1][2]

Two retired train engines reside at the station. One is the Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern No. 300, built in 1925 and retired in 1961[3].



  1. "'Hard to believe it's a train depot'" by Reuben Mees, Hattiesburg American, March 17, 2007
  2. "Back on the right track" by Reuben Mees, Hattiesburg American, April 21, 2007
  3. "Then & Now: Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern No. 300", Hattiesburg American, July 17, 2013