Hattiesburg Traction Company
The Hattiesburg Traction Company ran the trollies in Hattiesburg in the early 20th century. The old mechanical building is now the Interaction Factory on Southern Ave. and Dabbs St.. The building was a generator plant for the company in 1904 and later for Mississippi Power Company. (btw, the Interaction Factory was founded in 1985). (source: History of Forrest County, p 93) The offices were on Forrest Street across from the post office where a parking garage stands today.