Polk Hardware

From Hattiesburg Memory
Jump to: navigation, search

Polk Hardware was a hardware store at 116 Pine Street from 1922 until it moved to 116 Market Street at the end of 1956. It was started by A. Polk, E. C. Polk, and Frank Matthews. Matthews bought the company outright from his partners within a few years after the store opened.[1]

References

  1. "Hardware Dealer Taking Over New Location", Hattiesburg American, December 29, 1956