Century Park is a residential community at USM on West Fourth Street. The community consists of four four-story buildings, three buildings for women and one for men, with a total of 864 beds. Each 22x13 foot room houses two students and has a private bathroom. Each floor has a common area with a large screen TV.
In September 2013, a second phase, Century Park South, began construction across the street from Century Park, where Vann Hall, Scott Hall, and Bond Hall were located. The three new buildings with five floors each will add 954 beds to the Century Park residential community. The project is estimated to cost $55.6 million. Portions of the project are expected to be completed by fall 2014, with the entire complex completed by 2015.
- "Students to call Century Park home" by Ed Kemp, Hattiesburg American, August 5, 2010
- "USM breaks ground on dorms" by La Tonya Frelix, Hattiesburg American, March 28, 2009
- "Students move in to new USM dorm" by Jesse Bass, Hattiesburg American, August 14, 2010
- "Demolition to start for USM housing project" by Ed Kemp, Hattiesburg American, December 2, 2012
- "Ground broken for USM residence hall project" by Ed Kemp, Hattiesburg American, September 17, 2013
- "Vann Hall demolished to clear room for new construction" by Tim Doherty, Hattiesburg American, June 22, 2013