Forrest General Hospital

From Hattiesburg Memory
Jump to: navigation, search
Question mark.png Please expand this article.
Further information might be found in a section of the talk page or at Requests for expansion.
Photo of the tower at Forrest General Hospital

In 1901 the South Mississippi Infirmary was organized, located on Plum St.. That building burned twice in the next couple years so in 1905 they moved to Walnut St. near the intersection with Buschman St..

The current Forrest General Hospital on Highway 49 admitted its first patient on July 15, 1952. At the time it opened the hospital had 70 staff and 31 doctors. [1] Today the hospital has 512 beds.[2]

Images

References

Further reading