Friendship Missionary Baptist Church

From Hattiesburg Memory
Jump to: navigation, search

Friendship Missionary Baptist Church is a Baptist church located at the corner of Tipton Street and Rebecca Avenue. The date on its cornerstone is June 12, 1916. It was remodeled in March 1922, and rebuilt in 1951 after being damaged by a fire. Early May 4, 2007, a fire destroyed the building, though members of the church say they plan to rebuild.[1]

References

  1. "Fire Destroys Church" by Reuben Mees, Hattiesburg American, May 5, 2007