Merchants Foodservice is a wholesale food, beverage, and restaurant kitchen supplies distributer headquartered in Hattiesburg and operating in twelve states.
The company was founded in Hattiesburg on February 11, 1904 as Fain Grocery Company. In 1907 the company became The Merchants Grocery Company. In 1927 it became The Merchants Company. In 1961 it opened a new meat packing facility. By 1987 the company had ended all retail sales, focusing soley on foodservice.
- Official site
- Photo of employees of the Merchants Grocery Company standing in front of their building in the 1920s
- Photo of the Merchants Company building in 1949