Old Coca-Cola plant
The Hattiesburg Coca-Cola Bottling Company was founded in May 1906. The original location was on Second Street, but in 1915 it moved to 126 Market Street. The building operated as a Coca-Cola bottling plant until 1960. Years later a bar and restaurant known as The Bottling Company opened, but later closed in June 2010. Later another restaurant, called The Shed Barbeque and Blues at The Bottling Company, opened in October 2010, but closed a couple years later. In May 2014 the building reopened as an event hosting venue.
- Hattiesburg nightclub to close, open as family restaurant by Mike McDaniel, WDAM, June 24, 2010
- "New restaurant to boost downtown" by La Tonya Frelix, Hattiesburg American, July 21, 2010
- The Shed BBQ & Blues Joint Grand Opening in Downtown Hattiesburg, MS, October 8, 2010
- The Bottling Co. reopens downtown by Haskel Burns, Hattiesburg American, May 31, 2014