William Carey University
William Carey University is a university located in Hattiesburg.
In 1892 Pearl River Boarding School opened in Poplarville, about 40 miles south of Hattiesburg. In 1905 the school was destroyed by a fire, and the school reopened in Hattiesburg a year later in 1906 as South Mississippi College. The school closed after a fire destroyed much of the campus, but in 1911 W. S. F. Tatum bought the land and reopened the school as Mississippi Woman's College. The school closed in 1940, then reopened in 1946. In 1953 the campus began accepting men, and in 1954 the college officially became William Carey College. Its name changed again in 2006 to William Carey University.
This list is not complete.
- Tatum Court - Built in 1914, destroyed by 2017 tornado, rebuilt in 2019
- Johnson Hall - Built in 1919, demolished in February 2017
- Ross Hall